Foundation for Family Studies (FFS)
Strong families need a strong foundation. During these 12 weeks we will help you grow as a family and minister to other families.
Time & Location
Mar 11, 2024, 9:00 AM – Jun 06, 2024, 3:00 PM
Hainichen, Berthelsdorfer Strasse 7, 09661 Hainichen, Germany
About the event
To reach a nation we have to reach the families.
Families and marriages are at the very foundation of human life. Strong marriages produce healthy families. Healthy families bring forth healthy individuals. And healthy individuals make a strong nation. Where else could we have a greater impact on the world than in the family? Take this course to lay strong foundations for your own marriage and family and prepare yourself for making an impact on the families around you!
What is the UofN Foundations for Family Studies course?
The Foundations for Family Studies (FFS) is a bilingual UofN course for singles, couples and families who desire to bring God's purpose and vision for family back into society. This new University of the Nations course is the foundational introductory course for a new University of the Nations (UofN) Associates of Arts & Bachelor of Arts in Family Studies degree offered through the College of Education. The Foundations for Family Studies course (FAM 251) introduces students to the biblical foundational concepts of family life; presents a model for the study and understanding of the dynamics of family life; and introduces basic tools for helping to relate to families. Students can expect to grow and develop Christian character traits. Students will increase their competence in ministering to families.
Prices for the FFS 2024 (per person)
registration - 50,00 €
course fees, accommodation, working materials, six hot meals per week, books, snacks - 2,700.00 €
accommodation, six hot meals per week, child care, snacks
0-2 years - 300,00 €
3-12 years - 1000,00 €
13-18 years - 1.400,00 €
The costs do not include visa fees, breakfast and dinner, and transportation/travel (if needed).
Topics of the Foundations for Family Studies course:
Biblical World View of Family
- Model of the Trinity
- Family of Origin/ Nuclear Family
- Core Elements of a Biblical Family—Love, Trust, Respect, Understanding
- Conditional/unconditional love
The Marriage Relationship
- Biblical components for a Healthy Marriage: Understanding of Covenant, Biblical Headship, Commitment, Authority/Submission, Communication, Conflict Resolution, Sexuality vs Intimacy, praying together.
- Basic marriage tools/skills for communication, conflict resolution, finances.
- Basic pre-marriage tools/ skills for pre-marriage coaching/ mentoring.
- Equipping students with a Basic Marriage Seminar package - basic tools for marriage coaching
Family of Origin
- Introduction to Bowens 8 core elements of Family of Origin: Nuclear Family Emotional System; Functioning in the Family - Over/Under; Personal differences; Differentiation of Self - Closeness/Distance; Family Rules; Family Triangles; Family Secrets; family roles; Sibling position.
- Genograms: Introduction of Genogram and its elements; Contrast dysfunctional/Healthy Family System; dysfunctional family; Healthy Family
- Child Development: The unborn child, Early childhood, Adolescence/Teenagers.
- Biblical Concepts for Parenting: Unconditional Love, Self Esteem, Fatherhood/Motherhood, Discipline; nurturing Dealing with Anger in Parent/Child Relationship; Dealing with Grief & Loss in the Family.
- Equipping students with a Basic Parenting Seminar.
People Helping Skills
- Basic coaching skills
The Family in Ministry
- Principles of Team Ministry: Serving together in Family Camps/Seminars/Outreaches; The Home as a Training Center for Ministry; Families in Ministry; Family Evangelism; Ministering Cross Culturally.
- House of Oneness - Foundations for Christian Home - six characteristics of a strong family.
- Family and God's Word
- Family Prayer & Worship
- Family Time & Celebration
- Importance of Extended Family
- Family in Missions
For more information please contact us: email@example.com